- Go to "My campaigns", enter the domain in the green field "Domain", click Add.
- Select the countries from which you expect visits.
- Please include the filenames or full URLs of your target and dummy sites.
- Choose a working method: redirect, file connection, iframe, CURL request, WordPress.
- Click "Save and download file" and host the file.
Adding a site
Start your work by adding a site. Sites are your filtering settings for ad campaigns. Working with sites is carried out in the section "My campaigns".
To create a site, specify its domain in this field and click "Add". This domain will host your filter in the future. The domain is specified without
www at the beginning.
After adding a site, you need to configure the basic traffic filtering parameters:
- Domain. This domain will host your traffic filtering file.
- Work mode. Use "Automated" for real tasks and "Pause" for testing.
- Countries list. We recommend that you provide a list of countries from which you expect visitors.
- Target and dummy sites. Specify the files or URLs of the respective sites and their mode of operation. Read more about it here.
Click "Save and download file", place the resulting file on your hosting for the selected domain.
You can specify additional site settings that may not match our vision of perfectly simple filtering.
- Domain - will be used to install the traffic filter itself in one of the convenient ways. Please note that this is not the domain of your target site, because the filter will most likely be placed on a completely different domain. Interesting fact: actually, the "domain" field can be anything. In reality, it is used only to check the headers (host or referrer) of incoming traffic. But you can check the "Ignore domain" checkbox in the site settings and specify any text.
- Work mode determines whether filtering is enabled. Automatic mode turns on the filter. A pause always shows a dummy site. A disabled filter always shows the target site.
- Countries - you can limit the list of countries from which visits will go to the target site. If no country is selected, then traffic will come regardless of its geography. We strongly recommend specifying a limited list of countries to filter out visits from bots located on remote servers.
- Target and dummy sites - in these fields you need to specify the URL or file name (only when working with a file include). Read more.
- Site working method - choose a display method for the target and dummy sites. Depending on the chosen methods, we will create a ready-made filtering file. Read more.
- Trash visits - the filter will discard the number of visits specified in this field and show them the dummy site. Useful when testing a filter. With each call, the number in this field will decrease.
- Traffic - you can limit the list of devices from which traffic will come. There is a choice of desktop traffic and mobile traffic (any, iOS and non-iOS)
- Parked domain - if you have parked domains, you can use pick one for JS integration and redirects to work.
- IP protocol version - you can only admit visitors to your site who are accessing IPv4 or IPv6. Useful for organizing IPv6 honeypots.
- Ignore request domain - may come in handy if you use the same site to work with multiple domains or via API without taking into account the real domain.
- Check primary IP only - the filter will only analyze the main IP address and will not accidentally block your front server or CloudFlare.
- Check the visitor's language - the filter will check the title of the user's language and compare it with the languages from the list of valid countries. Allows you to weed out the majority of intruders.
- Filters - you can limit the list of used filters by which traffic will be checked. If no filter is specified, then filtering will be performed on all blacklists available to you. This is the best option for most situations.
- White list - requests from the specified addresses will not be checked. It is indicated one address per line. You can specify both a single address (188.8.131.52) and a subnet with a numeric mask (184.108.40.206/24).
There are a number of system filters available to you that you can use on your sites.
- AlterCPA One of types IPv4, IPv6 and Net - static blacklists of addresses of proxy servers and suspicious providers. They are generated several times per hour based on scanning of World Wide Web addresses and blacklists from our suppliers.
- Smart of types IPv4, IPv6 and Net - smart blacklists, which are automatically generated in real time based on incoming traffic from all sites of the service.
For optimal protection of your site from spurious traffic, we recommend using all available filters, that is, do not configure the "Filters" field at all.